Sunday, November 21, 2010

Updated

I haven't been very good at chronicling my wonderful adventures, have I. Well, I guess that's because I haven't really had any. LOL. I guess I'm feeling inspired today, gotta get it all out before it goes away. So, updates...

I'm "retired" again. The job got to be not for me, and I had to *damn my mind and its links to songs* say bye bye.  There was foolishness going on in the form of kids not doing what they were supposed to do, parents not caring, my boundaries not being respected. I just felt like there was nowhere for me to really go with the company as it wasn't a career for me. I took a leap of faith...

I don't think I mentioned this earlier, but soon before school started, I realized that I wasn't going to get a teaching position. What did I do? I bucked up and tried the Science 8-12 test again and guess what...I passed! Praise the Lawd! I studied hard for a solid week and took it. I'm getting calls now for some HS Science positions. Funny, HS wasn't really an option I considered before, and everyone else just knew that I was trying to be a HS teacher. LOL. 
Soon after "retiring," I took the NCE exam. Passed that bad boy, too. I was on a roll. I think I studied for about a week and a half combined with my intermittent studying throughout the year. No lie, I was terrified of that test. It was $185, and I would have CRIED if I had failed it and had to pay again to retake it. Let me tell you, when I got my score (same day), I surely did skip my happy ass down the sidewalk. LOL. Yeah, there's something wrong with me. 

I've been considering making a move. I really don't want to because my family is here, but honestly, I think they're the only reason why I'm still here. The old job allowed me to get to know Houston better, but I'm more attached to my family than I am to the city. It's home because home to me is where I can act the fool with the people I love, and where I can drive down the street and get beef patties and rice & peas and stew chicken. I don't know. I have some decisions to make. Staying here (Houston/Texas) may not be good for me career-wise. I'm giving it until Jan/Feb.

Thinking of starting a business...that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment