Friday, August 28, 2009

Things on my Mind

Where to start...So, I'm finally in my final semester (4 months) of my graduate career!! I am so extra excited because it's been a long time coming. I mean blood, sweat, and so many tears. I feel like I've grown so much and learned so much about myself since the almost 3 years that I began. Wow. I can't believe it's been that long. I feel like I'm in a different place almost every season. Hmm.

My birthday is coming soon, and I'm fairly certain that I'm not going to be able to do anything for it. Unless I make my present early and get these Maxwell tickets (why is that man so sexy? And then they go and add Common too? You know I will be there!!). Anyway, it kinda sucks because 25 is supposed to be special, right? It won't be. I'll be doing school related stuff. As usual.

I'm finding myself really getting tired of my friends. And I mean in the sense that I don't even feel like talking to them because I'm afraid of what may come out of my mouth. I just really don't feel like not hurting feelings because I'm honestly disappointed in them. I'm tired of the attitudes and false promises/suggestions/etc. I really contemplated just up and leaving after I graduate. I wonder if they'd even notice? There are times that I just want to be left alone, and then...
There are times that I really wish I could talk to someone who has a penis and is over the age of 24 and younger than 35. I miss that feeling of excitement when that name pops up on my caller ID. Or the way I feel when I get a hug from someone I like, and we just chill out together. And the warm feeling I get when I think of that person. Sigh.

A few weeks ago, I participated in a photoshoot for a natural hair calendar. Fun, fun, fun. And hot, hot, hot. I was sweating after about a min. I really can't wait to see the pics! But, that's not why I'm writing about it. Highlight of my day - the photographer chose me and some other ladies to photograph for advertising purposes because we had "swagger." I joke about it, but I really did have to think about it afterwards because he clearly saw something in me that I don't always see. I guess I'm good at faking the funk? Maybe I just wasn't worried about whatever foolishness (I can admit it) I usually worry about and went with the flow. Idk, but like I said, it really made me think. I wondered what it is that keeps me from feeling that way all or even most of the time.

Randomness. Because it wouldn't be me without it. So, when exactly did men begin trying to talk to women without ever introducing themselves? I'm so confused. Is it too much to expect that? To me, approach is everything. Let me know who you are. Take interest in who I am.
-Finally found out why my arm is molested by strange men. LOL. I'm so oblivious to my own sexy, I guess. I got a massage like last month and the masseuse told me I have nice skin. I said thanks and thought nothing of it. It's just skin to me, and honestly I'm always battling dryness. But then tonight, this guy was like borderline molesty caressing my arm and told me that my skin is so soft. Really? Well, thanks. I guess that's why HWSNBN liked touching my arms and legs besides the fact that he wanted to...But that's not the first time it's happened. I think I need to stop letting strange men touch me. LOL.
-I think I need to change up the music in my car. Too mellow. I need something that makes me want to dance because I'm having a hard time getting into that groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment