Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Night on the Town

Woohoo! I have been encouraged to get my ass up and out of the house. The weekend before last was a semi-FAIL, as the place we went to was full of bourgie people feelin themselves a bit too much. We left there and kind of club hopped. Met a nice bouncer though.  Ooooooooooohhhhh, I finally went to my first official pole dancing class. Yes, ya girl was swingin on the pole. How about I have a new respect for strippers because that mess is a true upper body workout. Did I mention I was also half sick? Crazy, I know, but I just wanted to have fun.

So, tonight we went somewhere else. The beginning was kind of shaky, but it was ok because 1. There was food. Delicious eggrolls, wings, and vegetable rolls, and 2. The DJ wasn't just playin what I like to call the hood music (i.e. Ice Cream Paint Job, Get Wasted, Oh my momma/hood) Yes! Real Music. Anyway, there were bourgie people there too sippin on wine and talking. Umm...who goes to a club to sip wine and talk? Really? Confused. Saw the usual fashion trespasses. Saw some cute shoes. Saw a sexy man with sexy locs and lips. Delicious. I also saw my ex-roomie in the line, and my friend from Houston. Talk about random! Twas great.

While we were there, I swear I saw a guy who was at a different club and who had a wife (Did that make sense). Anyway, the neither of the women he was with was his wife. Uh oh! And he was taking pics. I also saw a black guy who seemed as if he was parading around the club to show everyone that he had had white woman. I say this because he stopped and talked to people and was hugging and dancing on other women and didn't once introduce the woman he was with. And she was trailing behind him the whole time. Just disrespectful. What is the point of bringing someone with you if you act as if she doesn't exist?

No hair molestation occurred tonight, though I did have a minor case of fro envy. Oh, I really don't think Dallas is for me. It just seems like the vibe of the people is off. Can't wait to go back home. 2 more months.

No comments:

Post a Comment